Saturday, December 13, 2008

The meaning of life and music


John Shuck at Shuck & Jive has some music on his blog that I watched on Bill Moyer's Journal . I really liked the music especially the saxophone. John has made this another one of his The Meaning of Life, Part 11 postings. While I would only categorize the meaning of life under our relationship with Jesus Christ, still the music is great.

And this got me to thinking about music and Jesus and the meaning of life. I also found a couple of videos that I think speaks (sings) strongly to our life in Christ.

One is an African children's choir, the Watoto Children's Choir. They are from Uganda and as you may have already guessed they are AIDs orphans. But they found a home in an Assemblies of God
ministry that set up homes with mothers in each house for the children.

They have so much energy:



My friend,
Debbie Berkley, told me about this song, "How Deep The Father's Love." There are a lot of U-tube renditions of this song, but I wanted it sung by the the author, Stuart Townend. I also wanted the lyrics to appear, so this is the video I picked. It so very clearly in all the words explains what Jesus Christ means to the children of his Father. Children because he bought us at such a high price.

3 comments:

John Shuck said...

Hey Viola,

Thanks for the shout! Thanks for the music, too. I really liked the Watoto Children's Choir!

Viola Larson said...

I'm glad you did John. I had never heard of them until I ran on to their music on U-tube. I hope you liked the other piece too?

Viola Larson said...

I forgot and so did you.
Sacramento, CA