Thursday, November 5, 2009

Blogs, friends, granddaughters and daughters

I have a Session retreat to go to starting tomorrow so I am leaving everyone some great blogs to explore.

The first one is a new blog by my granddaughter Melissa. She is an artist and a writer so you will find this an extremely interesting blog. The name of her new blog is a pun-well I see it as a pun anyway. It is
The Sacramentalist. The pun is that Melissa lives in Sacramento and she loves the high liturgy of the Church. She and her husband attend a Lutheran (Missouri Synod) Church.

You will find many wonderful art works there, as well as great writing. I, in particular, like her picture and confession, under, "
Confession # 1" She writes that she needs to love people more.

Another blog, and it is new, that I enjoy is
View From the Hood. Marita Styrsky is a faithful, insightful and witty Christian. She lives not far from my home in what is considered by some, well, a hoodish type of neighborhood. But it can't really be that because she lives there.

Marita is married to Victor who is the Eastern States Director of Christians United for Israel. (Gasp!) They are good friends. Marita's last posting is about her experiences with her Muslim neighbors,
"Why can't I just love people?" I think I have a theme going here.

Rather then ending this with another blog I want to post some music for my three beautiful daughters, Penny, Jenny and Andrea, who are all experiencing some hard times mixed in with all of God's blessings.

3 comments:

Marita said...

Aw shucks, Viola! What an honor. I'm new at this writing stuff and I'm sure that if my english teachers of old saw what I'm doing, not many of my postings would escape their red pencils! :D

I liked confession #1 too. It was well said.

The song is so beautiful. The video with it is moving also.

Enjoy your break!
Love to you and yours,
Marita

Viola Larson said...

Thanks Marita- Some times if you watch you can catch me correcting things after I already have them up:-(

Unknown said...

That was fantastically beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it.
:-)