Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Responding to a Tag


Will Spotts A Recovering Presbyterian, has kindly put a blogger tag on my last posting. So finally I will respond. I wouldn't normally do this but because Will is a good friend and because it is a blessing I will. The tag calls for blessing and praying for one blogger or blog but Will has turned it into three and I will too.

He took this off of Mark Smiths blog
Mark Time, who tagged him:

The idea… it’s a game of tag with a difference, rather than looking inwardly, we look outside ourselves and bless, praise and pray for one blog friend. By participating in this endeavour we not only make the recipient of the blessing feel valued and appreciated, but we are having some fun too. We’re going to see how far the bloggin’ blessings can travel around the world and how many people can be blessed! Recipients of a bloggin’ blessing may upload the above image {I chose not to use the image - Mark} to their sidebar if they choose to. If you recieve a bloggin’ blessin’ please leave a comment on this thread here so that we can rejoice in just how many blessings have been sent around the world!

So here are my three:

First my daughter Jenny's blog:
Speaking Of This World. Its wonderful when your children grow up and become your friend. Jenny has six children and like me she decided to go back to school after having her children. Its kinda like having your cake and eating it too, only a lot of work. That's why she only blogs when school is out. And she writes wonderful things about nature and God. (I like her posts on water.) Jesus Christ is the big thing in her life and I pray He blesses her in every direction through the coming year.

My second blog is Barb Moody
I was just thinking.... She is Dave's wife as if no one knew and I think she should be a part of the Consistory. Of course now I may be in trouble! Her blog is, at least, for me, a combination of wonderful mothering and theological and intellectual ideas. She reminds me of my oldest daughter Penny who also home schools. So I pray God will pour many blessings into Barb's life and the life of her family this year.

My third blog belongs to a lady far away in China.
Koala Gal came to my attention when I put up my last post from my missionary friends in Thailand, and she commented. Her blog is Loner loved by Jesus -- my blog. She also loves Jesus and has a heart for missions and I pray that all of God's wonderful blessings will continue to flow into her life this year.


9 comments:

Jesus' Gal said...

Hi Viola!!
May our triune God be with you always and bless your family!!

I am so surprised and grateful to our Lord and you for your kindness and prayer!

I've just got your message on my blog and checked back here and your other question regarding my church.

I was baptised in the Mount Pleasant Baptist church in Wales, UK when I did my university in 1997. I then returned home and have been attending the Truth Lutheran church with my university friends ever since.

My church has a gradual increase from 300 to 800 attenders in the past decade. It is a very traditional Lutheran church.

We join all Lutheran churches in our town every year for short missionary trips in Thailand, Cambodia, and the Fiji Island. I am learning some Thai to join the Thai mission this Summer and in 2009, before I leave for US in 2010 for Christian-based Psychology Internship.

I have been striving hard doing & yet-to-do what I am called for, pastoral care for people in psychiatric conditions , serving here-and-now, while I am getting the appropriate training. I still haven't get a clue where and what program I should apply to in US for such integration of spirituality and clinical psychology.

Our church's Sunday school has 23 different classes for about 200 students. I am teaching 1 Corinthians, and am on Love and Marriage now. I came across Rev LB Smedes' of Fuller Theological seminary Love within limits. A very GOOD book!!!! I sent out these Summary of Rev Smedes' elaboration of St Paul's Love Song as weekly reflections for classmates.

Blessings!!

Jesus' Gal said...

It is a very sweet prayer project!

My first blessing tag is for:

tuntematonblogilas from Finland who responded to my Christmas blessings. We chatted at length regarding my Christian passion. I prayed that Tun feels the warmth in Christ and grows in interest in the seemingly-controversial Christian teaching!

Jesus' Gal said...

My second blessing tag send to:

BroTee , and his blog Saved by Jesus and his friend Bola, a mother writing about raising children in our Lord who are devoted Christians in Nigeria. I wish them grow in faith and spirituality and God is their power and fuel to face whatever they come to in 2008!!

Best wishes and hallelujah to our Lord!

Viola Larson said...

Hi Koala gal,
Thanks for your response. I think that it is wonderful that the churches get together to take short missionary trips to those countries. I belong to a Presbyterian Church as you can probably tell from my blog and often several churches’ young people will get together and usually their missionary trips are to Mexico.

Sorry to say the links on your second post are not working. I have been trying to learn how to put links in my comments. The first time I tried it worked but now I can't seem to get it to work.

I hope you have success finding a Christian-based Psychology Internship in the United States. I really have no idea how or where you could do that. But maybe someone else will read this and be helpful.
Blessings in Jesus Christ.

Jesus' Gal said...

My third blessing tag would like to be sent to:

Still of Iran, who speaks Farsi and writes very good English. Out of pure grace, we share a lot of common interest, "Dead Poet's Society", Loreena's music, Psychology, religion. I pray that Still would join in the kingdom of Yaweh, and be blessed with peace and justice by Yaweh in his everyday life! Amen!!!

Jesus' Gal said...

Hi Viola!

Is it late night now on your side?
Hope that you be blessed by Rev Smedes' words on Love too!

I may got the path wrong. Just put in the right syntax should do
xxx

Oh, Spanish-speaking Mexico!!! I have never been to Mexico, US!

yeah, I am praying to God that He'd lead me to somewhere that'd help me to serve others, and esp the disturbed souls.

tuntematonblogilas
is a writing about a fictional charactor on his blog in Finnish.

Blessings!

Barb said...

Wow, Viola, Thank you. You have blessed me. I feel and am truly blessed. I passed on the blessing to 4 sites - hope that's okay, couldn't pick just one - and of course, Dave is one of them. Thank you.

Viola Larson said...

Koala gal,
Yes it was late. I went to bed. Thank you for puting all of the blogs you have blessed in my comment section. That is another blessing because I have so enjoyed reading the other blogs.

I will pray that Still joins in the Kingdom of Yaweh also.

I was Just Thinking, I don't think rules matter much on tags---its kind of like Calvin and Hobbes playing a game : ) I enjoyed looking at the blogs you picked also. The last one, the Catholic one is really nice. (Well they all are, but I really liked that one.)

Jennifer said...

Mom,
Thank you for the blessing, I 'blessed you back' as well as Melissa and Elizabeth. What a beautiful idea.

I LOVE YOU