Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More on the bad links that the Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) posted but by a different author


Just a few days ago I posted an article I titled, Bad links posted at Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church U.S.A. . Now I find that Dexter Van Zile of Camera also saw the awful links and did a better job of investigative reporting than I did. (Sometimes I get too upset to do proper investigation.) His article is Presbyterian Peacemakers Promote Hezbollah Website and Anti-Israel Incitement. He left a comment and link on my posting. I encourage all to read his article. It begins:

“The
Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (USA), is promoting anti-Israel incitement from a number of different sources, including Al Manar, a Hezbollah-controlled television station which was designated as a “Global Terrorist Entity” by the U.S. Department of Treasury in 2006. The Israel/Palestine Mission Network (IPMN) was established by the General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA) in 2004.

In addition to mainstreaming Hezbollah's Al Manar to Presbyterians and to the general public, the IPMN is also promoting false allegations about Israel tunneling beneath the Temple Mount – allegations which in the past have incited violence. The IPMN is also relaying a false report of Palestinians attacking right-wing Jews who had entered the Temple Mount to pray the day before Yom Kippur. In fact, Palestinians had attacked non-Jewish French tourists.

IPMN promoted the articles in a blog
entry dated Oct. 11, 2009. The entry reports on the alleged “decline of sovereignty by Palestinian Muslims over the Haram al-Sharif Mosque on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem.” The entry depicts the presence of Israeli Jews in Jerusalem as an alien intrusion that results in the “culture of Palestine slowly being displaced by immigrants from Europe and the US.”

Accompanying this thinly disguised xenophobia were links to ten articles, most of which dealt with the recent clashes between Palestinians and Israeli police near the Temple Mount. The IPMN encouraged its readers to view the articles under the heading "Articles of the Week."” …

Please read the whole article.

6 comments:

Pastor Victor Styrsky said...

Joel 3:2
"Then in "Judgment Valley" I will bring together the gentiles that scattered my people Israel everywhere in the world, and I will bring charges against those nations. They divided up my land."

Careful IPMN...careful.

will spotts said...

Viola,
I really hate to point this out, but it is nothing knew for the PC(USA)'s insiders. Read the regular email list compiled by Rev. Doug Dicks sometime. He basically culls the news for anything that puts Israel in the worst possible light. He is or was a PC(USA) mission worker who was also with Catholic Relief Services. And his list was commended to the Presbytery of New Covenant by then Stated Clerk Kirkpatrick as accurate.

The issues of anti-Israel bias, anti-Jewish bias, and dishonesty are long-standing in the denomination.

Dexter is right, however, this is not the work of an organization concerned with peace or justice - no matter how they might twist those words. It is an organization dedicated to slander and incitement of violence.

Viola Larson said...

Will,
I know it is nothing new. But please keep pointing that out, because many others do not know. And I will keep pointing until God says it is enough.

Viola Larson
Sacramento, Ca

Viola Larson said...

I meant to add that Hans put Dexter's article on Presbyweb today and that is very helpful. Now perhaps more people will begin to notice what IPMN is actually doing.

Anonymous said...

could this be more about political alignment than about supporting a people?
I believe I remember reading about the PC(USA) hosting a extremist muslim group at its camp.
Thanks for you take on this article.
If you have a moment check out my blog and help me discern. Tell me what you think. wrestlingwiththepcusa.blogspot.com

Viola Larson said...

Hi Erik, Sorry that I just now saw your comment. Yes, it has a lot to do with political alignment.

I have only had a short time to look at your blog. I want to read some more on it. But it does look good. I will come back later and write a comment. Blessings in the fellowship of Jesus Christ.