Thursday, June 4, 2009

Awesome weather

Last night was truly awesome. First my husband and I sat on the front porch watching sheet lightning in the distance which went on for over an hour. We never have that kind of lightning in Sacramento. The weather news at eleven stated that there were almost 4000 lightning strikes in the valley during that time.

Then sometime after midnight when I was very asleep my daughter Jenny called to say that there was a terrific storm right over us. (We have this deal about alerting each other to unusual weather but its meant for snow which we never see.) There was lightning every second with thunder that rolled without stopping. You have to live in Sacramento to know that just doesn’t happen here. Later, sometime around three or four, more lightning and crashing thunder. What a wonderful night only now I am very sleepy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Unfortunately, I was at work until almost Midnight and missed most of the fun. I did, however, get woken up shortly after falling asleep by tremendous hail falling on the carport right outside my bedroom window. Must have been around 1 or 2 in the AM. It even woke up David--and that is hard to do. We spent the next few minutes enjoying the onslaught.