Saturday, August 23, 2008

Links to Organizations and Individuals who are providing a direction for faithfulness


Links to information for those who are concerned about the actions of the 2008 General Assembly.

Several renewal organizations and individuals are doing excellent work pointing out a direction for those in the PCUSA who are Evangelical, Reformed and orthodox. They are attempting to help individuals and Churches stay and in that staying be faithful to Jesus Christ. Since I have been part of one forum on the GA and will help with another Sunday night I want to place a group of links on my blog where others might find help. It is meant as a resource for others to use.

I am posting them here and will later put them on the side of my blog :

Presbyterians for Renewal: This site has many good articles and ideas.

The Presbyterian Coalition This is a group that has been faithful for many years. They still are with many great ideas and perseverance.

Rev Dr. Mark Roberts , Senior Director and Scholar in Residence at Laity Lodge in Tex, has been blogging on this subject since General Assembly. (with a few breaks)

Michael Walker, Theologian in Residence at Highland Presbyterian Church in Dallas Tex, at
Regula Fidei has just began an excellent series "What Way Ahead?"

New Wineskins Association of Churches, While some of the Churches belonging to this group have and are leaving the PCUSA there are many who are not. I know there is compassionate fellowship here.

In addition to this for news of the whole Church the best spot is Presbyweb whose founder and web master is
Hans Cornelder. This is a subscription site but not expensive and well worth it.

And finally here is a posting by
Robert Austell, Pastor of Good Shepherd Presbyterian Church in Charlotte NC. I think his posting says all that can be said: some things are bigger than GA.

All of the renewal groups can be found here: http://www.ppl.org/renewal.html.

I will undoubtedly add more sites to this list.

3 comments:

robert austell said...

Viola,

Again I am honored that you would single me out.

A gentle note: Charlotte is in North Carolina (I can understand the mistake; from here, California is just left of Tennessee). :)

Viola Larson said...

Thanks Robert--I should go back to class.

Adel Thalos said...

What a small world! As I was viewing your blog, I saw that you had a link to Eighth Day Books. This was one of my old haunts when I lived and pastored in Wichita (6 years).

In Him,
Adel