Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Brittany Dowdy and Jots and Tittles


I'm featuring the blog of Brittany Dowdy the college intern of Voices of Orthodox Women. Brittany has written several excellent articles for VOW. Her blog is Jots and Tittles. Brittany who will be entering Fuller Theological Seminary at Seattle this fall sat at the airport writing out her confession of faith in light of the utter nonsense going on at the Presbyterian General Assembly. She begins:

A PERSONAL CONFESSION OF FAITH IN RESPONSE TO THE 218TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH (USA)by Brittany Dowdy

In light of the actions taken by the 218th General Assembly of the Presbyterian Church (USA), I felt it right and necessary to lay forth now my personal confession of faith. It is my hope that this confession will serve two purposes: first and most importantly, to glorify and honor God; second, to provide encouragement for my brothers and sisters who fight alongside me in order to restore our church to God. I write in the confessional tradition of the church, recognizing and honoring the confessions which came before mine and affirming that I, too, write in response to a threat to the true faith.

I confess that there is one God, who reveals Himself to us in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I confess that this God is holy, eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, just, merciful and good. I confess that the Father, out of His great love for us, sent His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to offer Himself up in atonement for our sins. (More)

No comments: