Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Thanksgiving


I am thankful for a lot this year. Physically, I made it through a major operation; after reading the doctors notes I realize that even the doctors seemed uncertain and pessimistic of the outcome, but God was merciful and kind. I am thankful for all of my children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I am looking forward to my 10th great granddaughter in 2016.*

Brad and I, this year, admiring an afghan our daughter Andrea made for us. 
I am thankful for my loving husband who, as far as I am concerned, despite his mild cognitive impairment, is my spiritual rock. I love watching him interact with his great grandchildren. Almost every morning if I peek into his study I see him with the Bible or in meditation.

I am thankful for my church, Journey Church in Folsom. Together many of us, most of us, have fought the good battle of discernment and after negotiations will leave for the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. I am thankful for my old church Fremont Presbyterian; they kept Brad and I fed after my operation and many sweet people have given rides to Brad, both to choir practice and church. I am also thankful for all of the renewal people in the PC (USA) who are still standing in the faith.

Most of all I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ who suffered and bled so that I might be forgiven and walk in new life.
* Oh dear-I said we were expecting our 9th great grandchild in 2016, I meant 10th. And yes, they are all girls.

2 comments:

Ron Andersen said...

You truly have been greatly blessed. Do take care of yourself.

Viola Larson said...

I am and I will. You and Janice do the same.