Sunday, March 14, 2010

Boycotting and divesting against Israel a Kairos thought

In light of this from the Kairos Palestinian Document:

"4.2.6 Palestinian civil organizations, as well as international organizations, NGOs and certain religious institutions call on individuals, companies and states to engage in divestment and in an economic and commercial boycott of everything produced by the occupation."

and this:

"Therefore, we call for a response to what the civil and religious institutions have proposed, as mentioned earlier: the beginning of a system of economic sanctions and boycott to be applied against Israel."


I thought my readers would enjoy this video.

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Fantastic, I posted this Youtube vid also, with a hat-tip to you.

Marita said...

This reminds me of when Dennis Miller said something to the effect that "...all the Arabs have ever contributed to the world was algebra-thanks a LOT!"

Viola Larson said...

Hi Stuart,
Thank you for the hat-tip. I explored your very interesting blog but I couldn't find any information about you?

Hi Marita

I liked the video because it stressed what the Israeli have to offer the world and how stupid it would be to boycott them. But I wasn't saying that the Arabs don't have a lot to offer the world too. I just wish they would come out of the middle ages and understand the idea of religious freedom as well as the rights of Israel to exist as a Jewish nation.