Thursday, February 20, 2014

A game of deceit: the Presbyterian News Service and the PC (U.S.A.)


I recently wrote about the Presbyterian refusal to say anything negative about the booklet Zionism Unsettled written and published by the Israel/Palestine Mission Network of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). You can read my posting at “The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) refuses to criticize Zionism Unsettled. The Presbyterian News Service article was left at the top of their page since Feb. the 13th. Today, the 20th, it was moved into the archives without anyone’s comments being published.  But there is more to the story, as usual.

Yesterday I called the communications director, Kathy Francis, Sr., whose telephone number, 502-569-5194, was placed with the article. I called to ask why the comments others had written had not been published. She seemed surprised and stated that she had just looked and saw no comments and wondered why. Francis informed me that she had written the article and that she had expected a lot of comments. Francis also said she would ask why none were published and promised to call me and let me know if there was a problem.

This morning the article, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) remains committed to peace for Israelis and Palestinians,” had been moved and I looked for it in the archives. It is empty of comments and I have not heard back from Francis.

This is typical PC (U.S.A.) communications, but it doesn’t work and it won’t fix the problem. Weary and outraged Presbyterians alongside discouraged and outraged Jews are still, just that, weary, outraged and discouraged.

2 comments:

Presbyman said...

Viola,

Comments (including yours) were recently revealed for that article.

John Erthein
DeFuniak Springs, FL

Viola Larson said...

Thanks for the information John. I will try today or tomorrow to put up a posting about that. How deceitful can a news service be?