Thursday, September 1, 2011

Our 50th wedding anniversary



There is a wonderful book, a novel, by Wallace Stegner, that speaks warmly of marriage. The title is Crossing to Safety. And we too have crossed that bridge that grants the traveler safe passage to the other side. But not by ourselves have we passed over that bridge.

I am reminded today, September the 2nd, of the great loving kindness, faithfulness and grace of my Lord who has brought both my husband and myself to this good day of celebration. Through many trials and tribulations, as the song goes, but many joys also. It is all by grace and only the righteousness of Christ prevails.





8 comments:

Debbie said...

Happy, happy, happy, happ anniversary!

Debbie Berkley

Viola Larson said...

Thanks Debbie,
I know I have already put up one posting on this but I wanted something for the day, and for my two children and their families that can not be here. And I am truly not going to be posting for the next week.

Dave Moody said...

Congrats! Where is the *like* button?

Viola Larson said...

Thanks Dave... for many reasons...

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, Viola!
Best wishes,
Nancy Duff

Viola Larson said...

hsgbdmama, & Nancy,
Thank you both so much. We had a great party last night & will be going out of town tomorrow for a very needed vacation.

Anonymous said...

You are a nice looking couple. Bless you on your first 50 years!

John Erthein
DeFuniak Springs, FL